This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Instead of serving plain old, baked beans from a can at your summer BBQ, give those canned beans some kick with this Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Beans recipe!
I love beans. Mostly baked beans, barbecue beans or Boston Beans.
They are a delicious and healthy side dish that goes great with a variety of meats and they’re perfect for a summer BBQs! This Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Beans recipe is one of our favorite’s to make for BBQ’s and even outdoor picnics.
It’s super easy to make, and since summer is so near, I thought I’d share!
My Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Beans started off as my Grandmother’s basic baked bean recipe. Over the years I’ve switched up the ingredients to make a tangier flavor and we really love it (not that we don’t love Gram’s baked beans, of course!).
The recipe only requires a few basic pantry ingredients and it makes a batch large enough to feed at least a half a dozen people. Plus, you can even make it on the grill if you’re cooking outside!
It’s the perfect recipe for cooking for a crowd, because you can easily double, tripe or quadruple the recipe with no change to the sweet and spicy flavor!
So, the next time you’re having a barbecue, a get-together with friends or you’re just in the mood for some beans – give this recipe a try.
It might become a summer favorite for you, too!
Here’s the recipe –
- 2 large cans pork and beans, any brand
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (I like to use honey or maple barbecue sauce)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic, granulated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven (or outdoor grill!) to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour all of the above ingredients into an 8 inch x 8 inch casserole dish and stir to combine. (Use a disposable aluminum pan if cooking the beans on the grill.)
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the beans are thick and bubbling.Serve hot or cold.
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!