This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Give your burgers a healthy boost with this Sweet Zucchini Pickle Relish. It’s simple to prepare and keeps your zucchini fresh all year long!
Hello! I hope you’re doing great! Today, I’m sharing an old favorite, Sweet Zucchini Pickle Relish!
I hope you enjoy trying this one out because it is definitely a favorite around here.
So much so that my oldest daughter literally eats it straight out of the jar!
Well, I did it. I had so much zucchini leftover after making the Maple Vanilla Zucchini bread the other day, that I decided to go ahead with the Sweet Zucchini Pickle Relish.
Believe it or not, I only had 2 giant zucchinis and they made 2 loaves of Maple Vanilla Zucchini bread and 16 half-pints of this amazingly, sweet relish.
That’s what I love about making food from scratch – it goes so much further than buying the premade varieties, plus of course, it’s better for you and well, the taste just can’t be beat.
I originally found this Zucchini Relish recipe on Pinterest. It was a vintage recipe that someone had taken out of an old newspaper.
Unfortunately, I didn’t have the exact ingredients, so I switched up the spices a little bit.
But, don’t worry – it didn’t make a bit of difference. It’s still amazing relish!
So, if you have some extra zucchini from your end-of-summer harvest, try this Sweet Zucchini Pickle Relish, you’ll love it.
It takes a little time to put it all together, but the best part is, in just a few hours, you’ll have enough relish to enjoy all year long!
Here’s the recipe –
- Food Processor with shredding attachment
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Large colander
- Large stockpot
- 16 half-pint jars with lids
- Canning supplies
Get this starter canning kit on Amazon!
- 12 cups zucchini, shredded
- 5 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 tablespoon cornstarch
- Place shredded zucchini into a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Cover with a clean, kitchen towel and allow it to sit overnight.
- Drain zucchini into a large colander and rinse with cold water.
- Combine, vinegar, sugar, mustard seed, celery seed, nutmeg, turmeric, red pepper flakes and cornstarch in a large stockpot. Stir to combine. Heat on high temperature until boiling.
- Add the zucchini to the vinegar mixture. Return to boiling. Turn the temperature down to medium-low. Continue cooking for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Use a ladle to scoop the sweet zucchini pickle relish into clean, half-pint jars. Cover with lids and screw tops.
- Process in a water bath for 5 minutes to seal.
- Refrigerate any jars that did not seal properly. Store this Sweet Zucchini Pickle Relish in the refrigerator for up to 6 months or on the shelf indefinitely.
Do you have some leftover zucchini?
Try my other zucchini recipes to use it up!
Signup for my daily newsletter to receive recipes, free printables, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!