Looking for a recipe that is a fun spin on taco night? I’ve got just the one for you, my taco pasta bake! My family absolutely loves this pasta dish that has a little extra flare of toppings rolled in.
It is a budget friendly dish that doesn’t take too long to prepare and is super filling, too. We love to do this one for Sunday night dinner and there is always plenty leftover for my husband to have a hearty lunch at work the next day.
Taco Pasta Bake
- 1 1/2 pounds ground hamburger
- Olive oil
- Large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh garlic
- 1 – 16 oz. can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- Cup of salsa
- 1 cup beef broth
- Taco seasoning: 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 box pasta noodles
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat your oven to 385, F. In a skillet sauté your onions and garlic in olive oil until slightly fragrant and softened.
- Add in your ground hamburger and brown, drain. Bring back to the pan.
- Boil your water in a pot and cook pasta until al dente. Drain, and put into baking dish.
- Add beans, pepper, salsa, beef broth and taco seasonings to your onion and beef. Bring to a simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Pour your meat mixture into your noodles and top with cheese. Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, hot sauce, diced avocados or more!
Want to opt out of pasta? Go ahead and make this mixture and top it with crushed tortilla chips! You’ll get a little salty crunch to go along with your topping medley.
Or if you want to make Mexican night a weekly thing you could try out some of these other mouthwatering recipes…
- Family Taco Night Without The Store Bought Box Kit
- Mexican Style Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Cheesy Chicken Taco Soup Recipe
- Spicy Shrimp Tacos
I hope you enjoy this fun little spin on a pasta bake dish. It’s become a regular in our home!
You Might Also Like….
Love, light and a little grace…
Olivia Whalen is mama to three young girls who is devoted to creative learning, exploration and free range imagination. Olivia enjoys thinking outside of the box when it comes to preparing homemade baby food or meals for her family. She most enjoys allowing the little minds in her life to flourish and with that you will see her write about creative kid crafts, recipes that fit a family budget and keep everyone asking for more, tips and tricks for a tiny babe, and beginner homesteader fun! Some of her hobbies include gardening, hiking, reading, cooking or just basking in motherhood.