This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Take a step back in time to Grandma’s house with the delectable scents of Sunday dinner and the best garlic pepper steak recipe you’ve ever had…
So many of my favorite recipes began in my Gram’s kitchen. It was a special place that always smelled like some amazing concoction she was cooking up.
There are very few recipes that she made that I don’t like and that’s saying a lot, because I’m an incredibly picky eater. And despite the fact that I don’t like onions or bell peppers, her pepper steak was one of my very favorite meals.
I’d pick them out and eat just the meat…with lots of ketchup!
As an adult, I’ve made pepper steak a ton of times for my own family, but because I’m picky and because I can, I don’t use the onions. Instead, I use garlic…lots of garlic.
We love the stuff, it’s good for you and well, it’s not onions.
So, while it’s not exactly like Gram’s pepper steak recipe, my garlic pepper steak is really good, too. Plus, it is SO EASY!
It literally takes five minutes to throw the ingredients in the slow cooker and then, just let it cook all day.
Super Simple! So, I thought it was high time that I share it with you!
We like to serve it as sandwiches, because that’s what Gram always did. But, it tastes great on mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles, too – feel free to mix it up!
So, the next time you’re in the mood to take a step back in time and eat some good old-fashioned food, try this!
It’s the best garlic pepper steak recipe you’ll ever eat. (Okay, so maybe I’m a little biased.)
Anyway, here’s the recipe:
- 1 to 2 lbs. sirloin steak, sliced thin
- 1 28-ounce can tomatoes, crushed
- 3 green bell peppers, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons garlic and/or onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- 2 "cans" water
- Place the meat, tomatoes, peppers and garlic into your slow cooker pot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Fill the empty tomato can with water and pour over the meat and vegetables. Repeat with a second can full of water.
- Cover the slow cooker and turn on low. Cook for 6 to 8 hours or up to 10 hours.
- Serve on hearty kaiser buns. If you don't want sandwiches, serve over mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles.
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this pepper steak recipe? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!