This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Stop whatever it is you’re doing! Your family wants you to make this soft and chewy peanut butter cookies recipe right now. Really!
I love peanut butter cookies. In fact, they’re probably my favorite cookies on earth. But, they’ve got to be soft and chewy peanut butter cookies.
Crunchy, hard cookies just won’t cut it.
And if you’re a peanut butter cookie lover, then you just found the best soft and chewy peanut butter cookies recipe that you’re ever going to find.
They’re so soft and chewy, with a super thin, crust and sugary outside…they just melt in your mouth.
I should call them Peanut Butter Melts instead of cookies, because they are so delicate, but for conformity sake, I stuck to cookies.
I mean, I want you to find this recipe among the millions of other peanut butter cookies out there, because this is really the only one you’ll ever need. And you wouldn’t be searching for peanut butter melts if you wanted cookies, now would you?
Once you’ve tried these cookies, you can throw out your old peanut butter cookies recipes, because you’ll never use them again.
Here’s the recipe:
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shortening, butter flavored
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scoop peanut butter and shortening into a large mixing bowl. Add brown sugar and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add egg to the sugar mixture and beat on medium speed until creamy.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl. Stir into peanut butter mixture and mix on medium-low speed until dough forms.
- Pour white sugar into a small bowl.
- Use a cookie scoop or 2 large spoons to create 1 inch balls of cookie dough. Dip each ball into the white sugar and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven and cool on a wire rack or a sheet of wax paper.
You might also like:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Sugar Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The BEST Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Last Updated on