This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Looking for a fun way to give your hamburgers a little more flavor? Try these Whiskey Cheddar Burgers for dinner tonight – your family will love them!
Whiskey. Cheddar. Hamburgers. What more do you need?
Today is World Whiskey Day and what better way to celebrate than with a shot of some good, old Jameson and a Whiskey Cheddar Hamburger?
This recipe is simple and delicious. It only requires 5 standard ingredients, plus, a shot of whiskey and some buns. So 7 ingredients…but still…
They’re ready in less than 20 minutes and they taste great topped with nothing more than ketchup and homemade Bread & Butter Dill Pickles.
So, the next time you feel the need for a burger, give these Whiskey Cheddar Hamburgers a try – after one taste, your family will beg you to make them again!
Here’s the recipe –
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 shot whiskey
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sub rolls or Hoagie rolls, cut in half
- Heat a large skillet on medium temperature.
- Combine the ground beef, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Separate ground beef into 4 thin (about 1/2 inch thick) hamburger patties.
- Arrange hamburger patties in the skillet, leaving about an inch of space between each burger. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Flip hamburger patties and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Add the butter and barbecue sauce to the remaining beef juices in the skillet. Stir to combine. Continue cooking until the butter melts. Remove pan from the heat.
- Add whiskey and stir to combine. Return the skillet to the heat. Sprinkle 1 cup cheddar cheese into the sauce and stir until cheese melts. Return burgers to the sauce and cook until bubbling.
- Place hamburger patties on bulkie rolls or hoagie rolls. Sprinkle each burger with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Serve Whiskey Cheddar Hamburgers with dill pickles and your favorite burger toppings.
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Great Day!