Looking for a fun way to give your hamburgers a little more flavor? Try these Whiskey Cheddar Burgers for dinner tonight – your family will love them!
Whiskey. Cheddar. Hamburgers. What more do you need?
Today is World Whiskey Day and what better way to celebrate than with a shot of some good, old Jameson and a Whiskey Cheddar Hamburger?
This recipe is simple and delicious. It only requires 5 standard ingredients, plus, a shot of whiskey and some buns. So 7 ingredients…but still…
They’re ready in less than 20 minutes and they taste great topped with nothing more than ketchup and homemade Bread & Butter Dill Pickles.
Whiskey Cheddar Burgers are great paired with Simple Smashed Potatoes, BBQ French Fries or even Loaded Baked Potato Salad.
So, the next time you feel the need for a burger, give these Whiskey Cheddar Hamburgers a try – after one taste, your family will beg you to make them again!
Here’s the recipe –
Whiskey Cheddar Hamburgers
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 shot whiskey
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sub rolls or Hoagie rolls, cut in half
- Heat a large skillet on medium temperature.
- Combine the ground beef, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Separate ground beef into 4 thin (about 1/2 inch thick) hamburger patties.
- Arrange hamburger patties in the skillet, leaving about an inch of space between each burger. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Flip hamburger patties and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Add the butter and barbecue sauce to the remaining beef juices in the skillet. Stir to combine. Continue cooking until the butter melts. Remove pan from the heat.
- Add whiskey and stir to combine. Return the skillet to the heat. Sprinkle 1 cup cheddar cheese into the sauce and stir until cheese melts. Return burgers to the sauce and cook until bubbling.
- Place hamburger patties on bulkie rolls or hoagie rolls. Sprinkle each burger with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Serve Whiskey Cheddar Hamburgers with dill pickles and your favorite burger toppings.
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Great Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.
10 Best Summer Dinner Recipes To Save Time and Money - Food Life Design
Tuesday 22nd of October 2019
[…] Whiskey Cheddar Burgers are a grown-up twist on a simple pan-fried cheeseburger. But, make no mistake – these delicious burgers are loved by adults and kids alike (of course the alcohol cooks out!). And they’re great to serve on a rainy, summer evening when you can’t get to your grill! […]
Easy Dinner Recipes for September 2019 + Free Printable Menu - Food Life Design
Friday 30th of August 2019
[…] Whiskey Cheddar Burgers and Grilled Garlic Butter Potatoes […]
Easy Dinner Ideas for June 2019 with a Free Printable Menu! - Food Life Design
Tuesday 28th of May 2019
[…] Whiskey Cheddar Hamburgers with Loaded Potato Salad […]
Free Printable Dinner Menu Planner for March 2019 - Food Life Design
Friday 1st of March 2019
[…] Whiskey Cheddar Burgers and French Fries […]
Dinner Menu for the Week #16 - Food Life Design
Sunday 4th of November 2018
[…] – Whiskey Cheddar Burgers and French […]