This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Craving a delicious summer salad? Look no further! This Loaded Baked Potato Salad is packed full of buttery, golden potatoes, bacon, pickles and sharp cheddar cheese. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or a weekend BBQ!
It’s warming up out there! That means it’s time for BBQs and outdoor dinners. Since Memorial Day weekend is just a few days away, I thought it would be a great time to update and re-share this old recipe for my Loaded Baked Potato Salad.
I am super picky about eating cold salads when out and about at other people’s parties. You’ll almost never see me eat them anywhere but at home. And I NEVER buy salads premade at the grocery store or deli.
For one, I absolutely detest onions and it seems like everyone puts them in their salads.
(And yes, detest totally deserves to be bold, italic and underlined. I’m serious when I say I really don’t like onions…don’t try to feed them to me! I will pick them out of ANYTHING.)
Two, I’m a little (okay, a lot!) paranoid about food poisoning and the idea of mayo sitting out for hours and hours before eating it freaks me out, a whole lot.
But, at home, I love to make and eat cold salads and this Loaded Baked Potato Salad is one of my favorites.
Lucky for me, the whole family loves it too…even without the onions! So, it’s definitely one we eat often.
However, you’ll notice that I did include onions on the recipe…just in case you really have to put them in there. I also included hard-boiled eggs, though my family prefers it without them.
But, that’s the best thing about this salad!
It’s so versatile, so load it up with your favorite meat, veggies and even onions, if you must.
Just think about all things you love to put on a baked potato and then throw it in the salad!
Well, maybe not chili! Save that for Chili Baked Potatoes on another day.
Here’s the recipe…
- 8 medium-sized Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 6 sweet pickles, diced
- 1/4 cup bread and butter pickles, diced
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onions (optional)
- 1/2 cup hard-boiled eggs (optional)
- 1/4 cup celery (optional)
- 1/4 cup carrots (optional)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper, as desired
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash potatoes.
- Poke tops of potatoes with a fork to allow air to escape and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Place potatoes in oven and bake for 30 -45 minutes or until soft. Remove from the oven and cool for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Arrange bacon on a slotted broiler pan. Place in oven and bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Cut baked potatoes into quarters and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Chop bacon and sprinkle over the potatoes.
- Dice pickles, vegetables and eggs. Add to the bacon and potatoes.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese into the bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, ranch salad dressing, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Pour dressing mixture over the potatoes and vegetables and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate Loaded Baked Potato Salad until ready to serve.
- Serve cold with hamburgers, steak or BBQ chicken!
You might also like:
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!
Last Updated on