Homemade Chicken and Stars Soup Recipe
Take a step back to your childhood with my yummy Homemade Chicken & Stars Soup recipe. It's the perfect "warm me up" meal for a cold, winter night.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 cup star shaped pasta
- Pour the olive oil into a large pot and heat on medium temperature.
- Add garlic and diced onion and saute until the onions begin to brown.
- Add diced chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning. Continue to cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add celery and carrots to the chicken. Saute for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth over the meat and vegetables and stir to combine.
- Allow the soup to come to a boil, then turn the temperature down to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add water, chicken bullion and peas to the soup. Turn the temperature back up to high and bring to a boil.
- Pour star shaped pasta into the soup. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
There is nothing better to feed a little one when they are sick than a good, old fashioned bowl of Homemade Chicken and Stars Soup!
Why bother to buy the nasty canned soup when it’s so easy to make your own?
Believe it or not, you can have a fresh bowl of homemade soup on the table in less than an hour…
Using ingredients that you know are safe and healthy for your family!
Mix and match your favorite vegetables or even add other kinds of meat if you want to switch it up a little bit.
It’s so easy!
And if you don’t have any star shaped pasta – use whatever kind you do have available.
Rings, wagon wheels or even alphabet noodles all work just as well!
So, the next time you’ve got a sick kiddo in the house whip up a batch of this Homemade Chicken and Stars soup.
You might also like:
- Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup in Homemade Bread Bowls
- Easy Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup Recipe
- Cheesy Chicken Taco Soup Recipe
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.
Chicken & Biscuits Recipe - Food Life Design
Friday 18th of October 2019
[…] Homemade Chicken and Stars Soup Recipe […]
April 2019 Dinner Menu Plan - Food Life Design
Tuesday 2nd of April 2019
[…] Homemade Chicken and Stars Soup […]