This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Who says you have to serve your soup in regular bowls? Prepare this delicious Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup for your family tonight and serve it in Homemade Bread Bowls for fun and lots of flavor.
Winter is long here in the northeast, so obviously, we eat lots and lots of soup to keep warm throughout the season. And one of our favorites is this slow cooker hamburger soup.
But, even Hamburger Soup can get boring when you eat it over and over again. So, I like to play around with new ways of making our favorite foods.
And one of my favorite ways to serve soup is in Homemade Bread Bowls.
Serving your soup in a Homemade Bread Bowl is so much more exciting and it means less dishes for you to wash!
Today, instead of just sharing my recipe for Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup, I’m also including a quick tutorial on How to Make Homemade Bread Bowls.
Ya know, just in case you want to save on dishes and reduce your water usage, too.
So, let’s get started…
How to Make Homemade Bread Bowls
Make a batch of your favorite bread.
Need a bread recipe? Try one of these…
- The Best Basic Italian Bread Recipe
- The Easiest Rustic Bread Recipe You’ll Ever Make
- 5 Easy Bread Recipes That Will Save You A TON of Money
Instead of putting it into standard bread pans, form the dough into large circles and place on a regular baking sheet to bake. Bake as directed.
Use a sharp knife to cut a circle into the top of each baked bread ball. Carefully, remove the crust from the inside with a large spoon.
Fill with homemade soup for a delicious, fulfilling dinner.
Here’s the recipe –
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 package dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 (28 ounce can) diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce can) tomato sauce
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Place the ground beef into a large skillet and brown on medium heat.
- Add the carrots, celery, Italian salad dressing mix, seasoning salt and pepper to the ground beef. Continue cooking on medium heat until the carrots and celery have softened.
- Pour the seasoned meat and vegetables into your slow cooker. Add water, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce to the meat and vegetables. Stir to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Add the elbow macaroni to the hamburger soup. Replace the lid and cook on high for an additional 15 to 30 minutes or until the macaroni is soft.
- Pour the hamburger soup into homemade bread bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
You might also like:
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!