Looking for a quick and easy dinner that warms you from the inside out? Try out this Loaded Baked Potato Soup – it’s simple to prepare and requires just a few ingredients that you’ve already got in your pantry.
I know it’s only August, but it feels like fall outside and that means its soup season. My favorite season! One of our family’s favorite recipes is this amazing Loaded Baked Potato Soup.
Even my youngest daughter asks for seconds and she normally hates soup of any kind.
So, if you’re looking for a quick, easy dinner for your family…even the picky eaters…then try out this soup. You’re going to love it.
It tastes like comfort and fall all wrapped up in one big soup bowl.
Do you want to make dinner fancy? Pick up a few round loaves of bread at the grocery store and cut out the insides.
Ladle Loaded Baked Potato Soup into the bread bowls and serve instead of using soup bowls.
Here’s the recipe –
*View my resources page to see my favorites supplies!
- Broil pan, slotted
- Large stock pot
- Soup bowls or bread bowls
- 1 lb. Bacon
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 to 6 large yellow potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the bacon on a large baking sheet or slotted broiling pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the bacon is crispy. Cool, then break the bacon into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the onion in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Wash the potatoes. Prick each potato with a fork. Cook in the microwave for 6 to 8 minutes on high temperature. Cut the cooked potatoes into cubes.
- In a large stock pot, melt the butter on medium temperature. Add the flour, salt and pepper to the melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Pour the milk and chicken stock in to the pot. Continue to whisk until smooth.
- Stir the cubed potatoes and processed onions into the broth. Heat until boiling.
- Add the bacon pieces to the soup, stir to combine. Simmer the soup on medium temperature for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Ladle the Loaded Baked Potato Soup into individual soup bowls. Sprinkle each bowl of soup with cheddar cheese before serving.
You might also like:
- Easy Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup in Homemade Bread Bowls
- 6 Best Winter Soups To Warm You Up On a Cold Night
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.