This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Hello! I hope you had an awesome weekend! Today, I’m sharing my favorite Quick & Easy Homemade Refrigerator Pickles. I hope you love them too!
*Updated from old post.
This quick & easy homemade refrigerator pickles recipe is so simple, you’ll want to make them every day!
I love pickles! And when I say I love pickles, I mean I REALLY love pickles.
I eat them almost every single day. In fact, between me and my family, we eat at least 2 jars a week! But, it can get expensive to buy the yummy Vlasic Bread & Butter Pickles that I like best.
So, every summer, I try to can as many jars of homemade pickles as possible.
Unfortunately, this past year, I was only able to put up around 40 jars and it just wasn’t enough to satisfy me or my pickle loving family.
So, now, I’m finding myself buying jar after jar of them…
Instead of continuing to purchase more and more jars, I decided to make my own quick & easy homemade refrigerator pickles the other day.
And they turned out amazing!
I picked up a big bag of cucumbers from Sam’s Club and the rest of the ingredients I already had at home.
Even if you don’t have all the spices on hand, you could tweak this simple pickle recipe to make do with what you have available.
I was “winging it” to begin with, but these homemade refrigerator pickles will be on my menu for a long time to come!
Now you can have some delicious homemade refrigerator pickles on hand all the time, too!
Here’s the recipe…
Try them soon, you won’t regret it! Supplies/Equipment Required:
Here’s the recipe:
- 6 to 8 small cucumbers
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 1/2 c. white vinegar
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Slice cucumbers and red bell pepper into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients (except the ice cubes) into a medium pot. Heat on medium temperature until boiling, stir occasionally.
- Pour boiling liquid over the sliced vegetables. Add ice cubes and stir to combine.
- Allow the pickles to cool for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a quart-size mason jar or a plastic container with a lid.
- For Best Results: Refrigerate overnight before serving.
You might also like:
- Bread and Butter Dill Pickles Recipe
- Dill Zucchini Pickles Recipe
- Sweet & Tangy Refrigerator Pickles
Have a Spectacular Day!