These Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes are the perfect summer side dish for your grilled steak, chicken or even hamburgers and hot dogs!
I haven’t made these Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes in FOREVER! They’re really easy to make and they only need a few ingredients. Plus, you can easily double or triple the recipe if you need to feed a lot of people!
And here’s the very best part…
You can customize this recipe to fit whatever cheeses you have on hand…
Add some chopped broccoli or mixed vegetables to make a healthier potato…
Or even throw in some chopped up chicken or steak and make it a whole meal in one!
It’s a super versatile recipe and one you’re going to want to make often because it is truly the perfect side dish to complement whatever meat or vegetables you’re having!
Are you ready to make these Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes?
Let’s head to the kitchen and get started…
Here’s the recipe:
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 slices American cheese, cut into small pieces, about 1/4 inch in size
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scrub potatoes clean and dry off the skin.
- Wrap each potato in a separate piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the potato is soft. Remove from oven and cool until the potato is able to be handled.
- Slice potatoes in half on the longest side, so you have 2 long, oval potato halves, rather than short and round.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the insides of the potato, leaving the skin intact. Reserve the insides in a medium bowl.
- Arrange the potato skins on a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Add cheeses, sour cream, salt and pepper to the potato insides. Stir to combine well - I used a potato masher.
- Scoop 1/8 of the the mashed potato mixture into each potato skin.
- Sprinkle the tops with additional shredded cheddar, if desired.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese on top is lightly golden.
- Serve hot with your favorite grilled meat and a vegetable.
You might also like these potato recipes:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.