Need a quick, easy breakfast or a delicious bread to go with your dinner? Try these amazing Sweet Corn Cakes – they’re perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Sweet Corn Cakes are a “healthier” take on Corn Fritters – which I dearly love – but they are so much better for you when they aren’t fried in fatty oil.
Plus, they are so stinking easy and they taste great with just about any meal.
This might just be the simplest recipe in my arsenal. These delicious little cakes require only 2 ingredients that I almost always have in my pantry – Pancake Mix and Canned Corn – it doesn’t get any easier!
And there are no fancy directions to follow either – just whip up your pancake mix, throw in the corn, stir and cook like you normally cook pancakes.
No Rocket Science involved.
Serve for breakfast drenched in honey butter or maple syrup (okay, maybe not so healthy anymore, but still delicious!).
Send the kids to school with Sweet Corn Cakes for bread instead of traditional lunch meat breads. Top them with mayo and turkey or mustard and ham – the kids will love them!
You get the gist…these things go perfectly with anything. So, give them a try – your family will love them!
Here’s the recipe…
- 1 regular sized batch of your favorite pancake mix (usually makes 10 to 12 pancakes)
- 1 can sweet corn, drained
- Salt and pepper, if desired
- Preheat griddle or large skillet on medium-high temperature.
- Prepare pancake mix as directed on the packaging.
- Add 1 (drained) can of corn, along with salt and pepper, if desired, to the pancake mix and stir to combine.
- Scoop batter onto the griddle using a medium cookie scoop or a standard tablespoon.
- Cook for 3 minutes on the first side. Flip sweet corn cakes and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve Sweet Corn Cakes hot with softened butter.
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.